Sizzle without the sting…
Seasoned spicy pretzels often use cayenne pepper as a base. But you can go many different directions with this spicy snack. Take, for instance, jalapeño pretzels. This recipe uses jalapeño powder – not as ubiquitous a staple as cayenne, but growing in popularity (see our PepperScale jalapeño powder here). It’s more a sizzle than a sting compared to cayenne, and there’s a slightly bright flavor of the jalapeño that pairs well with lemon pepper. This is a delicious alternative for your spicy snacking!
- Combine in a mixing bowl the jalapeño powder, garlic salt, lemon pepper, ranch dressing mix, and oil.
- Place a portion of the pretzels in a large Ziploc bag, then add the spice mix (proportional to the amount of pretzels in the bag).
- Seal the Ziploc, then shake well to lightly coat the pretzels with the seasoning mix.
- Remove the pretzels and repeat the process (if needed) to coat the next round of pretzels.
- Serve immediately or, for best flavor, keep the pretzels sealed in the Ziploc bags for an hour or two to allow the seasoning to set.