A tasty sandwich or BBQ side…
Ready to bring a little flair to that typically “vanilla” potato salad? Jalapeño peppers bring a medium-heat to the side, adding a lively pop to your lunch or BBQ meal. A few dashes of Tabasco hot sauce, along with brown mustard and ground cumin also add to the spiciness. But if you want it even hotter, try substituting out those jalapeños for serrano peppers. They’re a step up in heat with a similar flavor profile.
- In a large pot, cover the potatoes in water and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for approximately 10 minutes (or until the potatoes are tender).
- Drain the potatoes and allow them to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mustard, mayonnaise, Tabasco hot sauce, and cumin.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, jalapeños, eggs, onion, and celery. Then pour the mayonnaise/mustard on top, and toss/stir the potato mix to coat completely.
- For best flavor, refrigerate for at least 2 hours prior to serving.