The traditional amped up with a jalapeño popper twist!
Seriously. Once you’ve tasted a jalapeño popper grilled cheese sandwich, it’s hard to return to plain-Jane cheddar on bread. It’s souped-up comfort food in all the right ways. And yet, this recipe is so simple to make. It’s six simple ingredients and pretty much the same amount of kitchen time as a regular grilled cheese. This is the kind of everyday meal hack that really gets people talking.
There’s already a decent amount of spiciness in a jalapeño popper grilled cheese sandwich. There’s potential for a full jalapeño used here per sandwich. But you can obviously tone down this meal by cutting the amount used by half or more. Want to amp things up even further? Try a little spicy popper dipping sauce on the side or use a serrano instead of a jalapeño. They have a comparable bright, grassy flavor, but serrano peppers are easily twice the heat. Don’t say we didn’t warn you.
If jalapeño poppers are a favorite, we have other fun recipes that you’ll love. Try this popper-inspired chicken soup. It’s a total feel-good meal in itself. Or, check this recipe out for a fun twist on traditional mashed potatoes. It’s an excellent side for spicy fried chicken.
Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeded and sliced
- 2 slices bacon cooked to golden brown
- 2 to 3 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 slices bread
- Cream cheese
- Preheat frying pan over medium-low.
- Butter your bread.
- Place one slice on pan, butter side down. Top with the cheddar cheese, jalapeño pepper slices, and bacon.
- Spread cream cheese on the other piece of bread (opposite side of butter), then place the slice cream cheese side down on top of the grilling sandwich.
- Grill on both sides until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden brown