You may never eat a regular grilled cheese again…
Seriously. Once you’ve tasted a jalapeño popper grilled cheese sandwich, it’s hard to return to plain-Jane cheddar on bread. It’s souped up comfort food in all the right ways.
Want to amp things up even further? Try a little spicy popper dipping sauce on the side or use two serrano chilies instead of a single jalapeño. That’s easily twice the heat. Don’t say we didn’t warn you.
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeded and sliced
- 2 slices bacon cooked to golden brown
- 2 to 3 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 slices bread
- Cream cheese
- Preheat frying pan over medium-low.
- Butter your bread.
- Place one slice on pan, butter side down. Top with the cheddar cheese, jalapeño pepper slices, and bacon.
- Spread cream cheese on the other piece of bread (opposite side of butter), then place the slice cream cheese side down on top of the grilling sandwich.
- Grill on both sides until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden brown