Jalapeño popper dip is like heaven in a casserole dish…
Any time you mix savory bacon with jalapeño peppers and lots of cheese…well that’s a pure win in our book. Our bacony jalapeño popper dip has all the flavors you love in spreadable form. And it’s without the fuss of having to stuff those jalapeños and wrap them with bacon slices. Hallelujah. This will quickly become a party staple in your house.
Want to increase the heat of your jalapeño popper dip? Try dropping the green chilies for one or two diced serrano peppers. Or just use serranos instead of the jalapeños for an even bigger heat bump. Serranos are typically twice the heat (often more) than jalapeños. They have a similar bright bite, though, so they work very well with popper flavors.
If you love poppers as we do, our spicy recipe index has you covered well beyond this delicious recipe. Check out our jalapeño popper grilled cheese recipe. It’s sure to be a huge spicy hit paired with tomato soup. Or enjoy your mac and cheese with a popper twist. It’s an excellent light lunch or barbecue side for spicy food fans. And, perhaps the best feel-good food ever – get a load of this incredible chicken soup. It will change how you look at chicken soup forever.
- 10 bacon slices cooked then diced
- 6 jalapeño peppers diced
- 16 ounces cream cheese 2 packages
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese mix
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 small can chopped green chilies drained
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cream cheese, jalapeños, green chilies, bacon, Mexican cheese, mozzarella cheese, and mayonnaise. Mix until fully combined.
- Spread the mix evenly into a 1 1/2 casserole dish.
- Mix together the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese, then evenly spread the topping across the dip.
- Optional: Lightly spray the dip with a cooking spray ( to promote browning)
- Bake the dip for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the topping is lightly browned.