It’s not only sweet and spicy that works, minty and spicy works very well too! For instance, this jalapeño mint smoothie recipe is sure to bring a smile post-workout or as a healthy dessert option.
Jalapeño peppers are medium-heat chilies, but they sit in a range that borders closely to mild. Either way, there’s spiciness here, but it’s not the kind of overwhelming heat that’ll take over the rest of the flavors. It’s the type of spiciness that provides an energetic zing, and, pairing that with the mint, you feel refreshed and ready to go.
This is a healthy smoothie, too. Chili peppers are also known for their hunger-curbing properties (it’s all about that capsaicin), and mint promotes healthy digestion which helps your body burn fat instead of storing it. Obviously, this is an excellent smoothie for those on weight-loss diets, and it really cleanses the palate post-meal.
Like this smoothie? You’ll like these beverages too
- Jalapeño green smoothie: Green apple, cucumber, and avocado all co-star in this smoothie.
- Spicy carrot and ginger juice: Carrots are such a good under-the-radar pairing with chili peppers.
- Jalapeño and blackberry slush drink: It’s like a party in a glass – refreshing with a bold burst of flavors.
- Habanero lemonade: On extra-hot days, an extra-hot version of a classic thirst quencher is in order.
- Ginger and jalapeño tea: This is a go-to when you’re feeling a bit under the weather (or just want a tea-time pick-me-up!)
Jalapeno Mint Smoothie
- Combine all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.