Tart, sweet, and spicy.
This lemonade recipe refreshes in more ways than one. The mild to medium heat from the jalapeño hits the spot with the fresh tang from the lemons. It’s a terrific summer-time refresher, perfect for parties or just a relaxing afternoon.
And yes, we know what you’re thinking, it’s also a great mixer with vodka. This is the kind of recipe that everyone in the family can enjoy.
- Squeeze the lemons (strain out seeds) into a cup and set to the side.
- In a pot, mix 2 cups of water with the sugar, bring to a boil, then simmer.
- Add the jalapeños and continue to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Near the end of the simmering, add the cinnamon and stir.
- Remove the chopped jalapeños from the sugar water.
- Stir the jalapeño sugar water and the lemon juice into the gallon of water, stir or shake thoroughly.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour prior to serving.