Make a burger with attitude…
Whether it’s summer barbecue time or you’re ready for a little heat during the cold months, jalapeño burgers turn the popular basic burger into something extra special. This recipe is so easy to make that even junior grill masters can pull it off with zero extra effort at all.
And when you’re ready to blast that burger off to another planet, try topping it with some spicy condiments. It’s a sure fire way to breathe new life into the typical barbecue.
Jalapeño Hamburgers Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef lean is preferable
- 6 jalapeño peppers 4 minced (seeds removed for less heat, keep seeds in for more) and 2 cut into wheels (for burger garnish)
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup chili powder or opt for another spicy seasoning like Cajun spices, paprika, or cayenne pepper
- Mix together the ground beef, jalapeño peppers, garlic, and tomato paste. Form the mixture into patties (6 to 8).
- Sprinkle the patties with chili powder (or the spice of your choice) and grill.
- Offer jalapeño wheels on top of the burger when serving.