Here’s an easy to make jalapeño dip recipe that still delivers in taste.
The jalapeño peppers provide a nice mild to medium heat – just enough oomph to make the dip special, but not enough to scare off those who prefer milder fair.
If you want to increase the heat, you can opt for serrano peppers instead of the jalapeños. This will kick it up to twice the spice, easily, while providing a similar taste to the dip overall.
- 2 packages cream cheese 16 total ounces
- 2 jalapeño peppers finely diced
- 1 can diced green chilies 4 ounces
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese Cheddar & Monterey Jack mix
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese 1/2 for dip, 1/2 for topping
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, Mexican cheese, Parmesan, jalapeño peppers, and canned green chilies.
- Use a food processor to blend the ingredients to a chunky, yet smooth dip texture.
- Grease a casserole dish and then spread the dip evenly within it.
- In a separate bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, the second 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, and the melted butter.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumb mix evenly across the dip.
- Bake the dip for 20 minutes or until the breadcrumb topping is browned.