What’s BBQ or chili without some cornbread? And we’d add to that, “What’s cornbread without some chili peppers?” Jalapeño cornbread muffins are one of the tastiest sides known to man for rich barbecue flavors and chili soups, and we don’t think that’s an exaggeration at all. Plus, as the name states – these are seriously easy to make.
The corn bread’s sweet earthiness paired with the bright jalapeño bight pairs perfectly with that sweet spicy tang found in barbecue. It’s an easy recipe to make, so don’t let another cookout go by without them! This recipe works with most any barbecue meat, though we’re partial to saucy pulled pork or shredded beef.
Like this recipe? You’ll love these too:
- Jalapeño Hushpuppies: These little bites of heaven will be gone before you know it.
- Mexican Corn On The Cob: This recipe is actually big enough to be the main course for vegetarians or those just looking for a break from hearty barbecue meats.
- Spicy Cowboy Beans: A great pairing with jalapeño cornbread muffins!
Easy Jalapeño Cornbread Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, combine the egg, milk, and vegetable oil and whisk thoroughly.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour the egg mixture from first bowl slowly into second bowl and stir until the mix is completely moist.
- Add the jalapeño peppers and the corn to the mix. Stir until the chilies and the corn are evenly dispersed.
- Spoon the mixture into lightly greased muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let the muffins cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove muffins from the pan and serve.