Filling and spicy…
A corn casserole is one of those dishes that works well as either a filling meal or as tasty side. And for us, of course it’s even better when it’s spiced up! It adds an edge to a kitchen staple.
The jalapeño peppers bring a light medium heat to the casserole. Control the heat by increasing or lessening the amount you use. Or you could opt for substituting in serrano peppers for a significant spicy upgrade.
Jalapeno Corn Casserole
- 1 can creamed corn 15 ounce
- 1 can corn 15 ounce, drained
- 2 jalapeño peppers minced
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 box corn muffin mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 stick butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, combine the corn muffin mix, both cans of corn, butter, and the sour cream.
- Beat the two eggs with a whisk and add to the bowl as well. Gently stir all ingredients together.
- Add the cheese and the jalapeño, continuing to gently stir.
- Butter a 11 x 7 baking dish and pour the batter into the dish.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the crust is light brown.
- Let the casserole cool for 15 minutes prior to serving.