Spicy cheese grits are heaven…
That says it all straight out. Grits alone are close to perfect (just ask any Southerner), but when you add in a little jalapeño pepper kick, along with a dash of Tabasco Hot Sauce, you’ve got something that’s just…well beyond good.
Looking to increase the spice? There’s many ways with these cheddar grits. Increase the jalapeño peppers, increase the Tabasco Hot Sauce, or swap out those jalapeños for spicier serrano chilies (about double the heat).
Jalapeño Cheese Grits
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit and butter a 9-inch baking dish.
- Cook the quick grits as per the packaging instructions.
- Stir in the cheese, jalapeños, eggs, and Tabasco into the grits.
- Pour the mix into the baking dish and bake the grits for 1 hour.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.