A snack time favorite turned up a notch…
Mixing sharp cheddar flavor with bright and spicy jalapeño pepper is a great way to boost the presence of a snack time favorite. Jalapeño cheddar popcorn won’t overwhelm you on heat (unless you want it to), so this is still a pretty family-friendly cheese popcorn option for movie night or parties. Jalapeño powder may be difficult to buy at your local grocer, but we offer it at our spicery so get ready to add this delicious green powder to your spice rack.
Of course, you can add additional jalapeño powder if you want to boost up that spiciness (or more cheddar cheese powder for some more sharpness), but we let the choice be yours here. If you like this recipe, be sure to check out some of our other spicy popcorn recipes that’ll totally elevate your snack game.
Jalapeño Cheddar Popcorn
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese powder
- 1/4 teaspoon jalapeño powder
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the canola oil to a medium-sized pot over medium-high heat. Allow the oil to warm for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the popcorn kernels, then cover the pot. Shake the pot often as the popcorn begins to pop. Continue to shake until the popcorn is completely popped, then transfer it to a large bowl.
To the popcorn add the melted butter, cheddar cheese powder, mustard powder, and jalapeño powder. Toss the popcorn to completely coat. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Want it spicier? Double the amount of jalapeño powder used to start. Add more to your desired spiciness.