Cauliflower cheese is delicious enough as it is. But can you imagine just how much you are going to enjoy it with a tangy kick of pickled jalapeño peppers and a deliciously spicy Sriracha cheese sauce? The answer is, A LOT! Jalapeño and sriracha cauliflower cheese checks many bold food boxes: tangy, fiery, creamy, and hearty.
Baking the cauliflower instead of boiling it ensures that there are no soggy vegetables in sight. Plus, it keeps that additional water from boiled vegetables from transferring into the sauce. The sauce stays spicy, thick, and full of flavor.
The pickled jalapeño slices provide the tang, however you can replace them with slices of fresh jalapeño if you prefer. Or, you can swap out that chili pepper for something hotter. Habaneros (pickled or fresh) work really well here too. It’s a most certain heat upgrade for those seeking bolder spiciness. Fresh habaneros add a sweetness, too, that you don’t get from the brighter grassy flavor of jalapeños. And of course add more or less of the chili pepper to get to your desired heat level here.
If you’re looking for dishes that pre-prep well prior to parties, this spicy cauliflower cheese recipe is perfect. You can prepare the recipe up until the baking stage and refrigerate until ready to bake.
Jalapeño And Sriracha Cauliflower Cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place a small saucepan over medium heat and add the butter to the pan.
- When the butter is melted add the ground pepper and the flour and stir until smooth.
- Add 1 cup of cheese, Sriracha sauce, and milk to the pan. Stir continuously until thickened and smooth then remove from the heat.
- Cut the florets from the cauliflower and place them into a casserole dish.
- Drizzle all of the sauce over the cauliflower then cover with the remainder of the shredded cheese and the sliced jalapeños.
- Cook in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.