Here’s a perfect treat for those long hot days. Jalapeño and lemon popsicles are sweet, sour, and spicy all in one. You can also use this mixture to make some awesome cocktail cooler cubes. Simply pour into an icecube tray rather than a popsicle mold. They will work perfectly with any fruit-based cocktail. And if you have an ice cream maker at home, you can add the mixture to it for a few hours to make a delicious and spicy sorbet.
Remove the seeds and the pith from the chili before chopping. The jalapeño peppers in this recipe serves as a way to add bright bite rather than strong heat. That said, definitely test before giving one to the kids as the result can vary based on the heat of the jalapeños used.
This is a great recipe to experiment with, too. You can use orange, grapefruit, or lime to create different fruity flavors (or to replace the lemon completely). And, as always, you can crank the heat up a notch with habanero, scotch bonnet, or another extra-hot pepper.
While the recipe calls for popsicle molds, you can get creative there. We use throw-away coffee cups in our video, as an example.
Jalapeño And Lemon Popcicles
- 4 Lemons juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 green jalapeno pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- Place a saucepan over low heat.
- Add sugar and water to the pan and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Simmer for 10 minutes to create a simple syrup then remove from the heat.
- Juice the lemons and chop the jalapeños finely.
- Combine all of the ingredients together and stir.
- Divide the mixture into popsicle molds and freeze for at least 3 hours.
- Keep in the freezer for up to 4 weeks.