Spicy, garlicky, and sweet…
Any time honey is paired with something spicy, we get excited. It’s one of those super-matches – culinary foils that are so different yet come together so deliciously. And Sriracha adds a nice garlicky twist to the combo within this honey Sriracha wings recipe. These chicken wings are a little of everything flavor-wise: sweet upon first bite, fiery moments later, then a trailing of tasty garlic as the flavors take hold. Serve them up at your next party and watch the plate empty in no time.
Note: You have options with the sauce here. Drizzle it atop the wings, coat the wings thoroughly, or simply serve the Sriracha honey sauce on the side when serving.
Ready? See this recipe being made…
The chicken wings
The Sriracha honey sauce
- 1/3 cup Sriracha
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 orange approximately 1/4 cup, juiced
- Pinch of pepper
Bake the wings
- Place the chicken wings ingredients (including the chicken) in a large sealable bag, seal, and lightly shake to coat the wings. For best flavor, place the bag in the refrigerator and all the wings to marinate for 2 to 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil then lightly grease it.
- Place the wings evenly across the baking sheet, then place the sheet in the oven.
- Bake the wings for 40 to 50 minutes, or until golden brown.
Make the sauce
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter then add all other ingredients. Stir to combine.
Coat the wings
- Once the chicken wings are golden brown, remove them from the oven.
- Plate the wings and drizzle the sauce across the wings OR place the sauce in a large bowl and - in small batches - place the wings in the sauce and coat the wings thoroughly.