Honey on fire!
What’s not to love about sweet smoky heat? The mix of sweet honey and smoky chipotle pepper makes these chicken wings a real favorite for game day and gatherings of all types. Honey chipotle wings are also very easy to make, so you’ll find yourself gravitating to this recipe any time you have a wing craving.
We cut the heat of the chipotle here by adding in smoked paprika. It adds a comparable smokiness with just a little simmering spiciness (much less than the jalapeño-level heat of chipotle pepper). Of course – make any adjustments you want there. All chipotle powder works if you like it extra spicy – or only smoked paprika for something milder.
If you love this smoky and sweet recipe, check out these spicy maple chicken wings, too. They tick very similar boxes in terms of flavor with an even deeper, more earthy sweetness.
Honey Chipotle Wings
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Mix the chipotle powder, smoked paprika, onion powder, and salt until evenly combined.
- Sprinkle the chipotle powder mix over the wings, evenly dispersing the spices.
- In a separate bowl, combine the honey, lime juice, and olive oil.
- Add the seasoned wings to the honey mixture and mix the wings to coat with the honey.
- Arrange the honey-coated wings on the foil-lined baking sheet. Top the wings evenly with any additional honey mixture leftover in the bowl.
- Bake the chicken for 30 minutes, until they turn a golden brown.
- Serve immediately.