Imagine the heat of the habanero on your hot dog, or how about something with serious sizzle in your potato salad or atop your grilled pork? That’s the beauty of habanero relish: It’s versatile, it’s intense, and it’s tasty. Extreme eaters, you’ll want this one for your summer barbecue season for sure, but you can reach for this deliciously wicked relish all year long.
Like your relish even spicier? Opt for fewer bell peppers and more habanero. The opposite holds true for those looking for a milder take on this extreme condiment. You can pull back the spice to very little or none at all (but where’s the fun in that?)
If you really want something with less heat – think a low to medium spiciness – take a look at our jalapeño relish as well. It’s a world milder, though quite different in flavor.
Like this recipe? You’ll love these too:
- Five-Star Chili Burgers With Homemade Relish: These are the kind of burgers that make a gathering memorable.
- Pickled Habaneros: Think pickled jalapeños, just a whole heck of a lot hotter.
- Peach Habanero Salsa: The pairing of peaches and habs is so good.
- In a saucepan, add all ingredients and bring the mix to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer, stirring consistently.
- Continue stirring until the mix reaches relish consistency.
- Remove from the heat, pour relish into a glass container and cover.
- Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours before serving (overnight for best flavor).