Heat up your basic store-bought vanilla!
You don’t need an ice cream maker to concoct some unique spicy ice cream flavors. All it takes is your favorite store-bought vanilla ice cream, your favorite tropical fruit (pineapple, mango, and orange all work great here), and a few habanero peppers. It’s a serious blast to your senses – creamy, sweet, tangy, and of course sizzling hot! And, of course, ice cream is often used to relieve chili burn, so the heat doesn’t stick around as long as you’d think.
Easy Habanero Ice Cream
- 1 gallon store-bought vanilla ice cream
- 1- 2 cups mango keep some to side for topping, pineapple, or orange, finely diced
- 2 to 3 habanero peppers seeds removed and finely diced
- Pull the vanilla ice cream out of the freezer and allow it to soften to the point where it's mixable (30 minutes to an hour).
- Spoon ice cream into a freezer-safe bowl.
- Pour the diced fruit and diced habanero into ice cream and mix thoroughly.
- Place ice cream back into the freezer and allow it to harden (30 minutes to an hour).
- Top your ice cream with the additional diced fruit.