Heat up your basic store-bought vanilla!
You don’t need an ice cream maker to concoct some unique spicy ice cream flavors. All it takes is your favorite store-bought vanilla ice cream, your favorite tropical fruit (pineapple, mango, and orange all work great here), and a few habanero peppers. It’s a serious blast to your senses – creamy, sweet, tangy, and of course sizzling hot! And, of course, ice cream is often used to relieve chili burn, so the heat doesn’t stick around as long as you’d think.
- 1 gallon store-bought vanilla ice cream
- 1- 2 cups mango keep some to side for topping, pineapple, or orange, finely diced
- 2 to 3 habanero peppers seeds removed and finely diced
- Pull the vanilla ice cream out of the freezer and allow it to soften to the point where it's mixable (30 minutes to an hour).
- Spoon ice cream into a freezer-safe bowl.
- Pour the diced fruit and diced habanero into ice cream and mix thoroughly.
- Place ice cream back into the freezer and allow it to harden (30 minutes to an hour).
- Top your ice cream with the additional diced fruit.