A burger with big ol’ bite!
This one’s not for those with simply moderate spicy food tastes. It’s an over-the-top smokin’ hot habanero hamburger that’ll knock your tastebuds to another zip code. Talk about a flavor explosion of spicy: The recipe features fresh habanero peppers, spicy pork sausage, chipotle hot sauce (for the smoke in “smokin'”), hot smoked paprika (even more smoke), and even pickled jalapeño rings for some hot garnish tang. Give your guests fair warning before serving!
Tempted? See the recipe being made…
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound spicy pork sausage
- 2 habanero peppers
- 1 white onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup chipotle hot sauce Tabasco Chipotle works
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons hot smoked paprika or cayenne pepper if not available
- Pepper Jack cheese optional
- Pickled jalapeño rings optional, for garnish, lettuce, tomato, pickles, and onion slices
- In a large mixing bowl add all of the ingredients and stir until fully combined.
- Form the beef mix into hamburger patties then grill outdoors or on an indoor frying or grilling pan.
- Top with pepper jack and garnish with pickled jalapeño pepper rings, onions, lettuce, tomato, or pickles (optional).