A burger with big ol’ bite!
This one’s not for those with moderate spicy food tastes. This habanero burger is
Our habanero burger recipe features fresh habanero peppers, spicy pork sausage, chipotle hot sauce (for the smoke in “smokin'”), hot smoked paprika (even more smoke), and even pickled jalapeño rings for some bold garnish tang. Talk about a flavor explosion of spicy. Give your guests fair warning before serving! And please take care when handling habaneros. Wear kitchen gloves and know how to combat chili burn.
Now if you want to pair this habanero burger with a spicy hot condiment, we have you covered there, too. Our spicy recipe index features a ton of bold toppers. For even more
Smokin’ Hot Habanero Hamburger
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound spicy pork sausage
- 2 habanero peppers diced
- 1 white onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced or crushed into a paste
- 1/3 cup chipotle hot sauce Tabasco Chipotle works
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons hot smoked paprika or cayenne pepper if not available
- Pepper Jack cheese optional
- Pickled jalapeño rings optional, for garnish, lettuce, tomato, pickles, and onion slices
- In a large mixing bowl add all of the ingredients and stir until fully combined.
- Form the beef mix into hamburger patties then grill outdoors or on an indoor frying or grilling pan.
- Top with pepper jack and garnish with pickled jalapeño pepper rings, onions, lettuce, tomato, or pickles (optional).