Spiced just right.
If you’re like us and love spicy Old Bay seasoning, this grilled Old Bay salmon recipe is sure to be a keeper. The flavors pair perfectly – the rich, meaty salmon is bold enough to compliment the strong Old Bay spice, not be overwhelmed by it as some lighter fishes can be. Try it with some grilled asparagus or a light summer salad – it’s a quick and tasty meal!
Grilled Old Bay Salmon
- 4 5-6 ounce salmon filets
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper coarse
- If you're using an oven burner to grill, lightly oil a pan and preheat it to low-medium/medium.
- Melt the coconut oil for 15 to 30 seconds in the microwave (until fully liquid).
- Mix the oil, the Old Bay seasoning, the garlic powder, and the pepper together. Stir until fully combined.
- Glaze the tops of the salmon filets with the Old Bay oil mix.
- Place the salmon filets (skin-side down) directly on the grill or grilling pan.
- Grill for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the meat is pink and flaky in the thickest part of the filet.