Who doesn’t love crispy? But you know what’s better? Crispy with a big, bold spiciness. These super spicy roasted chickpeas have you covered from all ends. Expect this snack to disappear fast. Eating only one – or even a handful – is near impossible.
Cayenne pepper powder is the heat source – the recipe calls for one teaspoon, but we wouldn’t stop you from doubling down on the cayenne to get your spicy snacking on. Too hot? Lower the cayenne to half a teaspoon and increase the chili powder by the same amount. The addition of cumin to the mix provides a delicious earthiness that works very well with the nuttiness of the chickpeas.
Like this recipe? You’ll love these too:
- Spicy Roasted Chickpeas: This recipe uses smoked paprika, so it has more of a smoky mild spiciness compared to the recipe here.
- Sriracha Carrot Dip: A perfect dip for vegetable crudités.
- Chili Chickpea Cabbage Soup: It sounds like a lot, but the flavors here meld oh so well.
Extra Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Drain the chickpeas, then pour them into a bowl. Add remaining ingredients and toss the chickpeas to thoroughly coat them with the spices.
- Spread the chickpeas evenly on an aluminum foil covered baking sheet, then bake them for 30 minutes or until the chickpeas are crispy looking.