Deliciously exotic dipper…
Whether for the German favorite currywurst or simply as a delicious French fry dipper, you just can’t go wrong with curry ketchup. It’s sweet and tangy, with a yummy exotic spice undertone. You can either go with a mild paprika in this recipe or amp it up with the much spicier cayenne pepper powder. Try curry ketchup with sweet potato fries. It’s really really good.
- 1 can tomato paste 6 ounce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon sweet curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine all ingredients and stir occasionally until the sauce reaches a quick boil.
- Once boiling, turn down the heat to low and allow the curry ketchup to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow the ketchup cool for 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
Want less heat? Swap in mild paprika instead of cayenne pepper powder.
Did you make this?Mention @PepperScale or tag #PepperScale so we can see what you made!