Refreshing with a surprising spicy twist…
You could simply create a refreshing cucumber martini, but why on earth stop there if you’re a spicy food fan? Add in a layer of heat by muddling fresh jalapeño pepper with the cucumber. It adds a surprising spice to this refreshing cocktail that you and your guests no doubt will enjoy.
If you’re an “all-in” spice kind of person, you could also opt for serrano pepper here. Serranos have a comparable bright, fresh flavor as the jalapeño, but they’re typically double the heat.
- 1 tablespoon jalapeño pepper chopped, or 3 to 4 jalapeño rings
- 1 tablespoon cucumber chopped
- 5 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces soda water
- 1 ounce cucumber syrup
- Cucumber slices as garnish
- Jalapeño rings as garnish
- Place the jalapeño and cucumber in the bottom of a shaker and muddle the two.
- Top with ice, then pour in the cucumber syrup and vodka of choice.
- Shake well, then top the cocktail with 2 counts of soda.
- Strain the cocktail into a martini glass, then garnish with cucumber slices or jalapeño rings.