Here’s a spicy margarita with more than zip to it. The cucumber muddled into the mix layers in a fresh, clean taste. It’s a surprising and refreshing twist to the margarita.
Not to downplay the spice; it’s sure still there with the muddled jalapeño. It has a nice mild to medium kick that most everyone can handle, making this a terrific option as a unique party drink.
- 4 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces lime juice fresh
- 2 ounces simple syrup or agave syrup
- 1 cucumber sliced into rounds and quartered
- 1 jalapeño pepper sliced into rounds
- Salt and lime for garnishes
- Place in a shaker 2 of the jalapeño rounds along with 8 of the small cucumber quartered piece.
- Add the 4 ounces of tequila and muddle the ingredients together until the jalapeño and cucumber are broken up.
- Add in the simple syrup and lime juice.
- Fill the shaker with ice, cover, and shake.
- Strain your drink into a glass (rimming the glass with salt is optional).
- Garnish your drink with a lime slice or a few jalapeño rounds.