Prepare that bread bowl for something spicier!
Move over cream of mushroom, there’s something spicier in town. If you love the heat, cream of jalapeño soup leaves you feeling good: it fills you up and satisfies that spice craving all in one. It’s a chili lover’s comfort food, no doubt, and it’s very easy to make.
Cream Of Jalapeño Soup
- In a pan, sauté in butter the jalapeño peppers, onion, and garlic. Cook until the onions are translucent.
- In a soup pot, combine the heavy cream, tomatoes and avocado over medium-high heat. Bring nearly to boil and then lower temperature to a simmer.
- Add the jalapeño, onion, and garlic to the soup pot and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the basil and continue simmering for another 5 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste and serve.