A spicy twist to a cookie favorite.
Are you a spicy food fan and a chocolate chip cookie purist? These fiery cookies are right up your alley. Nothing fancy, just vanilla-rich cookie dough, delicious chocolate chips (and lots of them), and the big sweet heat of a habanero pepper. It’s a whole lot of flavor in a simple package. If you want things even hotter, double down on the habanero.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Soften the butter, then in a large mixing bowl combine the butter and oil.
- Add in the habanero, brown sugar, regular sugar, egg, and vanilla. Mix until fully combined.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt then add it to the butter mix. Stir to combine.
- Add the chocolate chips and continue to mix thoroughly.
- Spoon out the cookie dough onto an oiled cookie sheet, then bake the cookies for approximately 10 minutes or until the cookies are a golden brown.
- Let cookies rest for 3 to 5 minutes after baking on a rack, then serve.