Sweet fries with a touch of fiery smokiness…
For those that love sweet potato fries, it’s a ton of fun to pair them with fiery flavors. The sweetness here is one of those perfect foils for spicy spices And then there’s that smokiness of chipotle pepper. It’s so many flavors in one – sweet, smoky, and spicy together is a real mouth explosion – and yet they are really simple to make.
Chipotle sweet potato fries are a delicious match for burgers or steaks. If you prefer a sweet fry without the smokiness, take a look at our spicy sweet potato fries recipe that uses cayenne pepper and chili powder instead.
Chipotle Sweet Potato Fries
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- in a large bowl, add the olive oil and the sweet potato sticks. Stir the sticks to coat them with the olive oil.
- Combine the chipotle powder, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper, then sprinkle the spice mix over the fries in the bowl. Stir to coat.
- Evenly spread the sweet potato sticks on the baking pan, then place the baking pan in the oven.
- Bake the fries for 15 minutes, then flip the fries. Bake for another 15 minutes, or until crispy.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow the fries to cool for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle additional salt, black pepper, or chipotle powder across the fries (optional) and serve.