A delicious side to BBQ…
Spicy french fries are among some of the best fiery sides around – whether it’s garlicky Sriracha fries (see the recipe here) or a more smoky fare like these delicious chipotle fries. Chipotle powder brings jalapeño level heat and smoky undertones to these russet potatoes. Lime zest is here, too, for a little light tang to the fry.
These are terrific fries to cook up as a barbecue side. Though, the recipe is so easy you’ll likely find yourself coming back to it throughout the year.
Smoky Chipotle Fries
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic powder, sea salt, chipotle powder, and lime zest (optional). Stir well.
- Toss the sliced potatoes in the chipotle oil to evenly coat.
- Place the fries on the foil lined baking sheet, evenly spread.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake the fries for 15 minutes. Turn the fries and bake for an additional 10 minutes (or until the fries are crisp and golden brown).
- Remove from oven and serve.