A cookie made of fire and smoke…
Chipotle peppers and chocolate are a pairing made heaven. Chipotle’s smoky and earthy undertones pair so well with rich and earthy chocolate. So what’s a better vehicle than chocolate chip cookies to get these two flavors together? The answer is, in Spinal Tap form…none. None more better. Chipotle chocolate chip cookies check all the satisfaction boxes for those that love spicy things.
There’s plenty of chipotle powder in the cookie dough, but if you want a little extra smoke and heat, try sprinkling a little extra powder atop the cookies. It pairs well with a little sprinkle of sea salt, too.
Sound tasty? See this recipe being made…
For bowl 1 (wet ingredients and sugars)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 stick butter unsalted, room temperature
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup refined coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For bowl 2 (dry ingredients)
For combined bowls
- 1 package semisweet chocolate chips 16-ounce package
- 1 chocolate bar roughly chopped
The cookie toppers
- Dash chipotle powder optional
- Dash sea salt optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Combine the wet ingredients (bowl 1)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the butter, coconut oil, white sugar, and light brown sugar. Blend until smooth.
- Add the eggs, corn syrup, and vanilla to the mix and stir to combine.
Combine the dry ingredients (bowl 2)
- In a second mixing bowl, combine the powdered chocolate, chipotle powder, flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt. Stir well to combine.
Combine the bowls
- Slowly pour the dry mix into the wet mix bowl. Mix well while pouring.
- Add the chocolate chips and chocolate bar chunks to the mix. Blend well to evenly disperse the chocolate.
Bake the cookies
- Using a tablespoon or cookie scoop, scoop out the cookie dough onto the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle each cookie with a little sea salt and additional chipotle powder (optional).
- Place the baking sheet into the oven and bake the cookies for 8 to 9 minutes, until the cookies are lightly browned and the chocolate is melted.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and transfer the cookies to a cooling rack. Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes, then serve.