A perfect summertime spicy marinade.
Of course we’d opt for chipotle chicken marinade anytime of the year, but as a summertime sauce it’s out of this world. Rich, earthy, and of course loaded with a medium heat that doesn’t tend to overwhelm most palates. It’s easy to whip together, too, with a chipotle peppers in adobo sauce base and a list of ingredients typically found in a well-stocked spice rack and refrigerator. Try it during your next outdoor barbecue or anytime of the year indoors with your favorite grill pan.
Chipotle Chicken Marinade
- Combine all ingredients (minus the chicken) in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place the chicken in a large glass container (or large sealable plastic bag) and coat the chicken evenly with the marinade.
- Cover the dish (or seal the bag) and refrigerate the marinating chicken for 2 to 3 hours minimum (overnight would provide the best flavor).
- Remove chicken from the bag and grill for four to five minutes per side, or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove chicken from heat and let it rest for five minutes prior to serving.