Creamy with a touch of fire and smoke…
A simple pasta with alfredo sauce is made into something more dramatic with the inclusion of smoky chipotle peppers. Canned chipotle in adobo sauce brings a touch of smoke and fire to the table. It’s a delicious combo with the simple creaminess of alfredo sauce. Pair it with chicken or shrimp for a more hearty meal. Or thicken up the sauce a bit with some extra simmering time for something more dip-worthy.
If smokiness is not your thing, but you’re still looking for a fiery kick to your alfredo sauce, take a look at this delicious alternative. Our spicy alfredo sauce recipe uses cayenne – a more neutral flavor though with a certain uptick in kick – so the overall creamy alfredo flavor remains pure.
Chipotle Alfredo Sauce
- 1 cup milk
- 6 ounces cream cheese cubed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chipotle in adobo sauce diced and crushed into a paste
- In a saucepan over low heat, combine the milk, cream cheese, butter, parmesan cheese, and chipotle in adobo sauce.
- Stir to combine, then allow the mix to simmer, stirring continuously, for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and all ingredients are fully combined.
- Use immediately over pasta.