Creamy, sweet, and tangy – with a touch of heat…
It’s often these simple recipes that bring the most pleasure. This cheese stuffed cherry peppers recipe takes a handful of ingredients, but delivers a delicious creamy tang that friends and family will love.
Cherry peppers (a.k.a. pimento peppers) have only a mild heat, 100 to 500 Scoville heat units. That’s at minimum five times milder than a jalapeño pepper, so this is a very family friendly chili pepper appetizer. They are deliciously sweet which pairs very well with the tang from the pickling and the herbed goat cheese.
- 1 jar pickled cherry peppers 32 ounce jar
- 1 log herbed goat cheese softened to room temperature
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Add the goat cheese to a mixing bowl, then stir in salt and black pepper to taste.
- Place the pickled cherry peppers on an aluminum covered baking sheet, then fill each chili pepper with the goat cheese mix.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake the cherry peppers for 12 to 15 minutes, until the cheese has very lightly browned.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow the peppers to cool for 5 minutes, then serve.