Unbelievably simple and flavors you just can’t get enough of, this cheese and jalapeño muffin tray bake is exactly like its individual muffin counterparts but with more bang! This is a perfect comfort food side, fiery and cheesy just can’t be beat. It’s a great recipe for a family meal, but, be warned you will be fighting over the last bite.
If you want, you can make around 12 individual muffins with this mixture, but be sure to reduce the cooking time by at least 10 minutes. You can leave the pith in the jalapeño pepper for some more spice, and adding some fresh jalapeño slices on top of the cheese while baking offers up an additional way to spice things up.
The baking tin should be around 15 x 10 inches. It’s okay if yours is a little bigger or smaller, just adjust the cooking time and check with a clean skewer to ensure it has cooked through before removing from the oven. Be careful not to over-mix the muffin mixture as the muffins won’t rise as well as they should. Mix well enough so the ingredients are only just combined. This is is the key to a great muffin.
Cheese and Jalapeño Muffin Tray Bake
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt the butter in the microwave for 30-60 second then mix the crushed garlic with it.
- Finely chop the onion into the smallest cubes possible.
- Remove the seeds and pith from the Jalapeno and finely chop.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl being careful not to over mix – hold back half of the cheese for the topping.
- Grease your baking tray (15"x10" recommended) with some butter then pour in the mixture and use a spatula to spread it evenly then top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minute and test if i skewer comes out clean to check if cooked through.
- Serve immediately.