Old Bay feel good food…
We are suckers for Bisquick biscuits. They are so easy to make, no matter what the recipe, and so homey good. But, of course, any food – no matter how delicious it already is – is just made better with a dash (or three) of Old Bay seasoning. These cheddar Old Bay biscuits match feel good with Chesapeake Bay spice, raising the bar for every other Bisquick biscuit recipe on the planet.
We add a little extra spiciness through a pinch of cayenne powder in the Bisquick mix prior to baking. Of course, that’s optional – Old Bay already has a little simmering spiciness built in – but hey this is PepperScale. Heat is our thing. Enjoy these biscuits with barbecue – they’re a great match to bold sauces and grilled meats.
Cheddar Old Bay Biscuits
Make the Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the Bisquick with the 4 tablespoons of softened butter until combined.
- Add the cheddar cheese, milk, and cayenne pepper to the Bisquick mix. Stir until combined.
- Using a tablespoon, spoon the Bisquick mix onto a cookie sheet, then place the sheet into the oven and bake the biscuits for approximately 9 minutes (until golden brown).
Make the Old Bay Drizzling Sauce
- In a sauce pan over medium low heat, add the last 2 tablespoons of butter, along with the Old Bay seasoning, garlic powder, and parsley flakes.
- Stir until the butter is melted and the spices are evenly spread through the butter sauce.
- Remove the biscuits from the oven (once golden brown), then drizzle the Old Bay butter sauce over the biscuits.
- Serve while warm.