Spiced perfectly, with a pinch of fire….
Who doesn’t love the classic spiced pumpkin pie? With its earthy nutmeg and flavor-packed cloves, it’s jam-packed with taste-goodness. But you know what we think is missing? Of course…a little heat. Enter cayenne pepper powder. Just a pinch (or more if you want), brings a new level of flavor to the dessert without drowning out everything that makes pumpkin pie oh so very tasty.
Cayenne Spiced Pumpkin Pie
- 1 can pumpkin puree 15 ounce can
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup light cream
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 unbaked pie crust unbaked
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients (except pie crust) and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the mix into the pie shell and bake for 10 minutes at 450 degrees. Then lower heat to 350 degrees and continue baking for approximately 50 more minutes.
- Remove pie from heat, and allow it to cool for 5 mnutes prior to serving.