Warms you right up…
We love a little cayenne kicker in the always deliciously spiced traditional eggnog. Cayenne pepper’s neutral flavor complements the spiced eggnog with a little heat without altering the hearty and festive taste that everyone loves. It’s a unique spicy twist on a winter classic. Our recipe is “leaded” with bourbon and spiced rum, but a little cayenne works just as well with a virgin eggnog recipe.
Cayenne Spiced Eggnog
- Separate the eggs yolks from the eggs whites. Whisk the egg yolks in a large bowl - while slowly adding in 1/2 cup sugar - until completely smooth and lightly colored.
- Add in the milk heavy cream, bourbon, spiced rum, and 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder. Lightly stir.
- Beat the egg whites with the remaining 1/4 cup sugar, until the egg white mixture thickens and reaches the soft peak stage.
- Slowly pour the egg white mix into the heavy cream mix, folding the egg white mix gently until combined.
- Mix the grated nutmeg, cinnamon, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder.
- Ladle a glass of eggnog, then sprinkle a pinch of the nutmeg/cayenne powder on top.