Boost your energy. Loosen up congestion.
Looking for a tea that’ll turn your body up a notch? Cayenne pepper tea does just that. It’s very popular as a coffee alternative as the chili pepper helps boost your metabolism. You just feel more energized, all without the caffeine.
Plus the tea is often used to help temporarily loosen up congestion due to colds and allergies. It’s all due to the capsaicin in the cayenne which has a lot of health benefits.
Cayenne Pepper Tea
- 4 cups water
- 1 piece ginger small, peeled
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Sweeten to taste
- Grate the ginger root into the water.
- Bring the water to a boil and then simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the cayenne pepper and simmer for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the tea from the heat and add lemon juice. Stir.
- Sweeten the tea to your desired taste.