Meatballs with Southern spice flair…
This Cajun meatballs recipe may seem simple, but there’s a heck of a lot of flavor here. Cajun seasoning contains lots of delicious Southern spices like paprika, cayenne pepper powder, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. We top off the heat of the Cajun seasoning with a little extra cayenne pepper (we love the kick, so of course we do!)
For dipping, you can try a tangy Cajun hot sauce like Tabasco or Louisiana Hot Sauce, or go with a sweeter BBQ sauce. We particularly love molasses-based sauces with these Cajun meatballs. The earthy rich sweetness pairs well against the spiced heat.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Using a tablespoon's worth of the meat at a time, form small balls (approximately 1" wide), then place each on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake the meatballs for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cooked thoroughly through.
- Serve with Cajun hot sauce (Tabasco, Louisiana Hot Sauce) or BBQ sauce for dipping.