Simple Southern charm…
Want a simple dipping sauce that still charms the pants off your guests? This kickin’ Cajun dipping sauce is all that. It takes only five minutes to pull together, but it’s chock full of Southern charm and a decent kick to boot.
There are multiple heat sources here. Cajun seasoning typically contains a bit of chili pepper powder (typically cayenne pepper) and the Louisiana hot sauce adds some additional pop (and a subtle tang). We like to top it off with additional cayenne for extra boom, too. This sauce is excellent for all sorts of things: pita, veggies, and grilled chicken fingers to name a few.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder optional
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and stir well.
- Use immediately as a dipping sauce for chicken, steak, or veggies. Or store the dipping sauce in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to two week.
Any Louisiana hot sauce will do, whether Louisiana hot sauce (the brand) or Tabasco. It should be a vinegar-heavy hot sauce.