Delicious…from pasta sauce to dipping sauce.
Spicy Cajun cream sauce is not only tasty, it’s also very versatile. It’s obviously a good choice for adding a touch of spice to basic pasta, but try it, too, topping some chicken cutlets or as a dipping sauce side to grilled shrimp. Lessen the heat by omitting the cayenne pepper powder.
No Cajun seasoning at hand? You can make your own using common spices.
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil and sauté the onions until translucent. Add in garlic and tomatoes. Stir until the tomatoes begin incorporating into the sauce.
- Add in cayenne pepper powder, Cajun seasoning, and cream cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted.
- Add in the chicken stock, heavy cream, and Parmesan cheese. Continue stirring until the Parmesan has melted.
- Remove from heat and using a blender or food processor, pulse blend the sauce until smooth.
- Pour the sauce back into the saucepan and heat until the sauce is thickened to your preferred consistency.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.