Do you like your salsa to have a little extra crunch? Then a cabbage salsa is perfect for you. It takes what’s so good about homemade coleslaw and combines it with the heat and tang of spicy salsas. This is a great option as a barbecue side, and it’s a terrific alternative to fries with a burger.
Like this recipe? You’ll love these too:
- Cherry Salsa: Fiery, sweet, and tangy – this salsa has a little bit of everything in it. It’s such a good pairing with salty tortilla chips.
- Peach Habanero Salsa: Big flavor and bold. Habs and peaches are quite a good pairing.
- Spicy Coconut Salsa: That coconut flavor is surprisingly good with barbecue.
- Mix the cabbage, tomatoes, peppers, onion, and cilantro in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the garlic, vinegar, vegetable oil, and sugar and mix thoroughly. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the chopped vegetables and mix thoroughly.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving for the best flavor.