Hamburger recipes don’t get much easier than this.
Sure, there are more gourmet recipe options out there for a blue cheese burger, but if you have frozen patties at home, this is a sure-fire way to add a touch of surprising flavor and, of course, a nice pop of heat via jalapeño. The teriyaki sauce adds a bit of tang to the burger, and it works very well with the richness of the blue cheese.
Try it with some chipotle-dusted french fries. You won’t be disappointed for such a quick-to-prep-and-cook meal.
- Burger patties fresh is best, but pre-made frozen works
- Blue cheese crumbles
- Pickled jalapeño slices
- Teriyaki sauce
- Set oven broiler to high.
- Brush teriyaki sauce on both sides of the burgers.
- Broil burgers for four minutes, then flip and broil for four additional minutes.
- Remove burgers from the heat and top with blue cheese crumbles.
- Place burgers back in the broiler for 1 - 2 minutes (until the blue cheese has melted).
- Remove the burgers from the broiler and place each on a bun.
- Top the blue cheese burger with three to five pickled jalapeño wheels and serve.