Talk about one sweet and spicy buzz…
The bee sting is a martini-style cocktail with quite a little surprise. It’s yellow hue looks tangy-sweet, and it is with the honey syrup and lemon. But underneath is a nasty little sting from muddled jalapeño pepper. It’s a cocktail that’ll no doubt have you and your guests humming for more.
Bee Sting Cocktail
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 teaspoons hot water
- 1 - 2 jalapeño wheels
- 2 ounces tequila
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Mix the honey and the hot water to create a honey syrup.
- In a shaker, muddle the jalapeño slice and then add the tequila, the lemon juice, and two to three tablespoons of the honey syrup (opt for three if you like things sweeter).
- Add ice and shake the cocktail vigorously for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Strain into a martini glass (or over ice in a rocks glass) and serve with a lemon twist or jalapeño wheel.