Citrusy-sweet and heat are that one-two refreshing combo that’s so perfect for summer. And that’s what this basil and jalapeño lemon mojito is all about. That bright, grassy spiciness of jalapeño also pairs quite well with the basil here. All in – we’re talking a flavor explosion.
Fresh sweet basil works fine here, but if you can get your hands on lemon basil, all the better. Its flavor profiles perfectly with this cocktail. This lemon mojito recipe also works with gin instead of rum, so feel free to experiment with what you use.
We use two jalapeños here (allowing up to one per cocktail), which may be too spicy for some. Feel free to use as much or little as you’d like when adding the jalapeño to the glass. We don’t muddle it with the other ingredients, so the heat won’t be as over the top as you may expect.
Like this recipe? You’ll love these too:
- Spicy Gin And Orange Cocktail: Another refreshing drink, perfect for hot days (but tasty any time of year.)
- Jalapeño Simple Syrup: Learn how to make it. Simple syrup is a great way to add sweet-heat to many beverages.
- Spicy Mixed Nuts: A snack that’s built for parties.
Basil And Jalapeño Lemon Mojito
- 100 ml white rum split into two 50 ml measures for the drinks
- 4 stalks basil
- 1/2 lemon sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons sugar split
- 2 jalapeno peppers sliced, use only one for a milder drink
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 cup club soda
- In each glass add 2 stems of basil, half the sugar, one 50 ml measure of white rum, and half of the sliced lemon.
- Use a muddler or the end of a wooden spoon to crush the ingredients in each glass.
- Take slices from the jalapeno peppers and add them to the glass, along with the ice with the ice
- Divide the club soda between the 2 glasses and stir gently to serve.
- Enjoy immediately.
That looks amazing! I never have rum so I’m going to have to give it a go with Patron. 😉