Looking for a little more zip in your homemade hot sauce?
You’ve come to the right place with this basic habanero hot sauce recipe. These chilies pack a significant punch, so proceed with care. But for those that can handle the heat, you have a very tasty sauce here. And even better – it’s super simple to make and takes little time at all to pull together. It’s a terrific staple sauce to have around the house for when your taste buds are craving something more.
Looking for something milder? Check out this jalapeño hot sauce.
- 5 habanero peppers minced
- 1 carrot minced
- 1 yellow onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon water
- Heat the olive oil in a sauce pan and sauté the minced carrots for five minutes.
- Add the garlic and onions to the carrots, and sauté until the vegetables are soft (about five minutes).
- Place the sautéd vegetables in a food processor, along with the water and habanero peppers. Process the ingredients until smooth.
- Add the lime juice and white vinegar. Pulse two to three times to combine the ingredients.
- Pour the sauce back into the sauce pan over low heat. Let the sauce simmer for five minutes.
- Take sauce pan off the heat and let the sauce cool to room temperature.
- Bottle and refrigerate.