Beautiful with cayenne kick…
This is one breakfast that’s both fast to prep and beautiful in presentation. Oh, and did we mention spicy? That’s the piece de la resistance for us. Sprinkled with both black pepper and cayenne pepper powder, there’s a kick to these baked eggs in avocado. If you want a little more heat, try sprinkling on some freshly sliced red chilies. It’ll add heat, plus the red pairs well with avocado green and the whites and yellows of the egg.
Baked Eggs In Avocado
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Scrape out the center of each avocado half, enough to hold an egg, then place the halves on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle lime juice over avocado halves, then add a dash of salt to each avocado.
- Break an egg - yolk intact - into each avocado half, then place the baking sheet in the oven.
- Bake the avocados for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the egg reaches your preferred firmness.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the avocados with black pepper and cayenne pepper powder, then serve.