Brighten your table.
As far as chili-based sauces go, few are as brightly beautiful as aji amarillo sauce. It looks like captured sunshine, and its tropical flavor and medium-high heat tastes terrific on everything from chicken to french fries. Aji amarillo is a staple of Peruvian cooking, so this sauce works very well with South American cuisine and other Peruvian recipes. If you happen to have fresh aji amarillo available, use it instead of the paste.
Aji Amarillo Sauce
- 2 tablespoons aji amarillo paste
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 scallions only white root end, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Salt and pepper
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and pulse blend until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately, or for best flavor, refrigerate for four to six hours prior to serving to allow the flavors to meld.