A fiery marinade for your favorite grilling shellfish.
Grilled shrimp are one of those perfect marinade foods. Their subtle, yet meaty taste take to new flavors perfectly. That’s especially true when you have a marinade with the fiery heart of Sriracha ready to go. This grilled Sriracha shrimp recipe balances the savory heat with a hint of the tropics from coconut oil and lime juice. Simply tasty, and easy to make too. You’ll find yourself returning to this simple marinade season after season.
- 1 bag frozen shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (melted)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Thaw the shrimp by placing them in a strainer under warm water.
- Add all of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl, and stir until fully combined.
- Add the shrimp and toss the shrimp in the marinade to fully cover them. Let the shrimp marinate in this sauce for 1 to 2 hours prior to grilling.
- Prior to grilling, soak the shrimp skewers in water (to prevent burning), then place the shrimp on the skewers.
- Place the shrimp on the barbecue grill, and cook - covered - for approximately 3 minutes per side, or until the shrimp are slightly charred on the outside and fully cooked on the inside.
- Serve with a salad of your choice.