Add fire to the exotic flavor…
Curry powder is already a deliciously exotic seasoning, full of fragrant (and flavorful) spices. There’s typically a warmth to most any curry powder recipe you use. This recipe, though, is here to turn up that heat just a little. A tablespoon of cayenne pepper is enough for most people looking for extra heat, but you could increase the spiciness even more by using a touch of hot paprika (instead of mild or generic), too. Use this not only for curries, but also in soups, salads, and dips.
- 3 tablespoons paprika*
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon ground fennel seed
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a mixing bowl, add all ingredients and stir to combine.