Sweet sweet spice…
Whether as a barbecue sauce marinade or as an on-the-side dipper, maple chipotle sauce delivers a perfect mix of sweet and spice. Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce add the heat, along with a smoky and earthy flair that’s a perfect flavor foil to sweet maple syrup. It’s delicious on steaks or pork, and we love it just as much as a chicken finger dipper.
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, with one teaspoon of extra adobo sauce
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Place all ingredients in a food processor, then process until smooth.
- Transfer the sauce to a saucepan and heat over medium-low until warm. Use immediately.